Los Elementos







I
washed across the stones
snatching fragments
moss, bacteria, tadpoles
I
thrust into the River’s bank
remembered how the sun
glistened in its shallow waters
calm, wrinkled with experience.
I
followed the Wind
pointing the way
to the next generation
wild Fire erupts
new life flourishes
feeds off the banks.
Not concerned about erosion
lost in the pollution.
Here me now!
I am Earth
I nurture
I reinvent
to survive.
That’s feminine time.
I change
the name of things
now and forever known
as the former’s cousin
always forthcoming.
Like the Story Teller’s Tale
recycled through the years.
Everything is old under the sun
“You are everything
                        and everything is you”
Every life has been lived.
I rushing
like River’s current
to get through this one
even when I’m dead I don’t want to be done.
SO here
I
stand with my death valley of words
bones poking out, hard as granite
grating, causing sparks
Fire in the sky
I
flash behind your
burning retinas
printed in your memory.
My body turns soul
becoming ancestral. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frida Kahlo Poem Dedicated to Diego Rivera

BLM Owes Me Nothing!

Los Novios