Los Novios

Married 05.25.2019
Ours is a good love
a classic love
settled, secure, durable
like big brown sexy
pillars of the gay community.
Pillars that many wish they could
twirl around- like some carefree stripper
we  know you want this!
We are a lusty kind of love.
Loving ourselves is loving our community
archiving its beauty in the poetry we speak
and in the portraits we create.
Line by line recording the shades
and shadows in the lives
of our brown gente
magagandang tao.
Because loving our community
is loving ourselves.

Our love is
promising
like the trunks that are your arms
malakas
promising comfort, security
and love when they wrap around
me.
Our love is
endless, like the many barriers,
the challenges big and small
that have threatened
the world weve  built
together...and we look back
shine our big, bright beautiful smiles
at all that weve overcome
and feel comforted in knowing
that our love is built for a lifetime.


Our love is great
historic
Viejo!
My man!
Eres mi viejo amor
Amor del bueno
Que me hace suspirar
makes my purple prickly-pair of a heart
beat steadfastly against the walls
of my chest flooding my veins
with a kaleidoscope of emotions.
23 years later
and you still push me to the edge,
push  me to my limits
just as suddenly as you pull me back to my center
to find my core with you
our place of understanding.

I used to be like an iris measuring the light
to which I exposed myself to.
When I saw you  
I opened myself to fully take you in.
I see you Love
Good love
Old love
Classic love
Man love
Aking pagmamahal
Brown love
My love.

*poem written in honor of Hector and Napo's passionate love

Comments

Unknown said…
Very beautiful. Claudia.

Popular posts from this blog

Frida Kahlo Poem Dedicated to Diego Rivera

BLM Owes Me Nothing!