Purge

(inspired by all this LA rain)



I’m going to purge you out of me.
I’m going to purge you out of my system.

I’m going to purge you out with music.
Canciones de amor que me llenan de dolor.
I’ll listen to them over and over, until
My ears and heart become numb to the words.

I’m going to purge you out with my tears
cry myself to sleep until there are no more tears left to be shed
My pillow soaking up all the evidence

I’m going to purge you out al estilo Jalisco ¡AJUA!
Con una botella de tequila!
Drinking myself into frenzy… stumbling my way out of your memories.

I’m going to purge you out with these fingers
Tracing them all over my body
Over all your abandoned trails, seeking that one spot
Touching it, loving it, repossessing it.

I’m going to give myself a limpia with old journals
Poems and the letters never read.
Piling them up and building an altar to memories
emotions and hope…dead

Finally, I’m going to purge myself with a fuck.
Slide, glide and sweat you out…Umm
release you with a moan.


Note: This was my first publication ever, it appeared in Westwind: a Journal of Critical Studies out of UCLA while I was an undergrad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frida Kahlo Poem Dedicated to Diego Rivera

BLM Owes Me Nothing!

Los Novios