Wise with Me

It’s been almost three months to the day
since the last time I felt your body
naked, and sticky with mine…
still the echoes of our fucking
wash over me in spurts.
At least I no longer smell you in my sheets,
nor emit you through my pores-

I am standing before a mirror and spot
the craters on my shoulders from the times
your fingernails clung to me.
how I wish for something immediate to fill them.
Then there are the three scars
near my lower back
deep and ribbed
hieroglyphs of our fucking
oh how good I made you feel!
So good, you wanted to take a piece of me, a
chip to carry around in your pocket
A chip you can pull out whenever you want to smile
remembering those times when
We overflowed with love
Choked on loss
Those times when I became your…
You became my
Receptacle.

I have since shared my body.
But only after I recoiled from the idea a few times
did I give myself selfishly
shielded my wounds with desire, spilled my secretes,
not staying long enough to find out if they would be kept.
Welcomed one set of open arms
then another
filled the holes in my mattress
With the flesh, juices and moans of otra mujer
only to be alone with my gluttony.

Comments

PhoneSex said…
You are smart but sensually sexual. I want you to do things that are wild and exciting, spontaneous and fun.
RodriguezWriter said…
Thanks for the compliment!

Popular posts from this blog

Frida Kahlo Poem Dedicated to Diego Rivera

BLM Owes Me Nothing!

Los Novios