the beauty of the heart




Look,
IT makes me cry,
tear drop,
pulse
we vibe.
Pretty rosy reds
take my breath
make me pump icy blue
the beauty of the heart
an open canvas.

OPEN
cut deep
-Surgery
deep into the psyche.
Little Birdie, Little Birdie
get me all …
tears in my eye
that beauty
THAT BEAUTY
so pretty I cry.

Feelings sprinkled
from margin to margin
barging into each other
electromagnetic lightning
they vibe.
Buzz, buzz
prick…thorns
bristled- get away!
Bristles!
Bristles paint
dip the toe.

Skin rough n’ tough n tumble
like a desert plant
straw man of the desert
strong man
of the desert. Desierto
deserted te siento.
Caterpillar kicked
that shell
to the curve.
Caterpillar spread
those wings out
brush against
those white lady fingers
curving long like
a calling.
Caterpillar spread those
wings out way out
sway, glide across
the canvas
like an open heart
SURGERY.


Beauty
you make me selfish.
Make me
wanna make it
all about me.
Grab you
pin you to my wall
hang you
see you up
against my wall
like a classic
vintage love
rough around the edges
yellow wood rings.
Oh, the years!
Pin you up against my wall
cold, so cold
those walls
warm them up
melt them away
with your pumps
not those 3-inch heels
make your legs straight like an easel’s,
Pumps, as in beat of your heart.
Pumps, as in throbs in your cunt.
Pumps, in and out of you.
Make me feel new
let me erase that past.
Pass the past please.
No, not the past
rewrite a new script
with you.
Help me
Play the part
Play along
Turn the page
and a corner together.
Like a signature
an autograph,
pointing the finger,
in a corner.
I’m naming it what it is
right in the corner
with my hook finger
pushing your buttons…
right there.
Putting my mouth into it
Standing behind my words
like a backup singer
backing my words up.
My words
a string around your finger
helping you remember
me I’m there.

Beauty
pour all over me-
liquid light.
Fresh like a morning
You arouse me
pulling
from the best of me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frida Kahlo Poem Dedicated to Diego Rivera

BLM Owes Me Nothing!

Los Novios