Quinceañera


When does
my Quinceañera begin?
My butchness flower?
Gardenia, pungent, white
pure, innocence
in a bottle aromatic
incense.
Grrrrrr
to be free
Vrrrrrrrroom
Heading that way!
Rites of passage
Rights of passage.
Passing over me
my whole self
when you cross me.
Right to passage, I say!
Evolve, get out the way!
Write my passages
pages and more pages
Mad man!
So, so mad
the pace, Quinceañera.
As in, cada quincena
te traigo tu domingo
No siete!
Quince
Coupletes
una sobre la otra
Oligarchy
but all RICH.
You devour
MY vowels.
You Fester
in my bowels.
Quince
Digo, quisiera
As in “ya quisieras”
Si pudieras lo harías?
“Si lo hago,
chanfles”
Ya no me hago
La Pendeja!
Lotería
Le atine.
butch
Wear me Proud
BUTCH,
Were you proud?
Wore down a little,
not rubbed out
what nut
breaking my head
figuring it out.
OTHERING.
Being OTHERED.
On to OTHERS
and they will do onto you.
Until
you learn
Let go.
Bye bye hair
I didn’t care anymore
Wore my sideburns
Like a waffer
Long, dark,
SWEET!
To me
to myself
in the mirror
I see me.
Have to like what I see
can’t see anything else otherwise.
Quinceañera
Quisiera retener el tiempo
like retaining water
Seria incomodo?
Ya no me incomodo
No me incomodas
Es como vas aprendiendo
Préndete del presente
Quinceañera,
vivir la misma historia
es cosa rara.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frida Kahlo Poem Dedicated to Diego Rivera

BLM Owes Me Nothing!

Los Novios