Dreams Remembered

I dreamt,
I remember.
Finally,
been a long time!
No longer will I
say I don’t remember
my dreams,
no longer will I question
why I’m alive.
Dreams, my compass
guide me to what I want to be.
Can’t have higher aspirations
than when your brain is at its highest-
peaking.
Peek into my future,
close my eyes and see
in front of me.
When I forget what I’m doing,
what I’m set for,
specks of dreams
mark my pace
make my pace
faster, heart, pace
like REM!
Pace myself, stay on track.
Follow my dreams,
Optical illusions?
Mine!
Desires exposed.

Sitting atop this hill
overlooking Ooh-LA- LA- land
enchanted by the bruised sunset,
smog’s optical illusion,
reminding me that I used to dream.
Before I floated through this world
like smog, heavy visible layer
creating optical illusions
of wonder, I used to dream.
Fingers moving
fast.
My words taking
flight.
Me the simple marionette
controlled by my dreams
such manipulators
carrot on a stick-
showing me my shtick.

Hit replay
Re-play
Re-wrote
Re-ad
d-RE-am.
Something’s gonna stick.
Not living vicariously
through No-ONE
just living vigorously.
Mom dreamt that one day
I’d be a secretary
But what do I expect
outta me?
One
una
sola
can only dream.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frida Kahlo Poem Dedicated to Diego Rivera

BLM Owes Me Nothing!

Los Novios