Bus Stop




It was hot outside, the air was thick with the kind of heat that warps roads when you look down them, the kind of heat that makes Las Doñas keep cool by balancing objects on top of their heads- they way they did back in their homelands. It was the kind of heat that makes peoples ignore two women holding each other, displaying their love publicly. But to me the heat was like a million pins piercing my skin. Your hair was up in two ponytails that said little girl inhibition but the Baby-T you were wearing framed your tetas with a deep smile and shouted out your lust with every inhale. At least that’s what my hunger heard. You caught my eyes buried in your cleavage and flirtatiously pressed your chest against me. Had you put your hands down my pants your fingers would’ve discovered that my pussy had already licked its lips in anticipation for yours. With one bite I injected my cravings for you into my bottom lip paralyzing my urges till we got home. We looked down the street to catch sight of the graffitied- ghetto chariot that would take us back to our apartment. Back to our bedroom- the trenches of our lovemaking, where we left a queen sized bead looking disemboweled, the linens strewn about like flaccid limbs and some red, lacy, sticky underwear speckling the floor.

When finally saw it coming, our chariot, and our hearts like our clits did a big flip with joy. We saw its bug and dirt smeared eyes full of desperation as it struggled to make it over the hump in the road. It stopped before us and let out a drawn out wheeze from its tires and engine as if it understood the sadness, tiredness, hunger, frustration and now our yearning, it carried in its entrails. We clasped our fingers around each other’s so we wouldn’t get separated on the battle to get on board as people pushed and shoved diving for available seats. I saw two free seats and headed straight for them. As I walked towards the back I hit my knee against some guy’s suitcase and tripped over a ladies bag of groceries sending her onions across the gummy floor of the bus. The lady looked at me with crinkled eyebrows that looked more like a writhing caterpillar, not until you came up behind me and picked up her onions dusting them off on your jeans did she flash a jagged coffee stained smile.
From the back of the bus, our shirts stuck to our backs with sweat, peoples heads bobbed back and forth as if they were jamming to the same tune inside their heads but really they were asleep- soothed by the bus rocking in the bumper to bumper traffic. You traced your finger over the palm of my hand silently weaving my love line and present line into a future line with you. I pressed my nose to your head and wished to be forever braided into your thoughts. It seemed like an entire day had gone by and even though globs of people spilled out at every stop more filed in and still our stop was nowhere in sight.

Finally arrived at our stop! We busted out of the double-doors and stretched out the stiffness in our joints like two lazy cats and walked home. But with each step our home seemed to be getting farther and farther away and my legs felt like I was dragging two wet mops. I couldn’t wait any longer and the packets of spit on the sides of my cheeks exploded flooding my mouth with the memory of being next to your naked body. So I took off running. I wanted to catch up to our house, to stop it from running away with our bed. You took off running after me, and the wind played Double-Dutch with your ponytails. I heard your tenny -shoes slapping the pavement behind me as I reached for the air in front of me with each stride. I pounced onto the front steps. Panting I dug in my pockets for the keys and got the door open. I wrapped my arms around you, pressed my sweat streaked face to yours and gave you a kiss that was more breathtaking than the sprint we had just completed. Within minutes we were naked, our clothes melted off with the heat of our craving for each other. We wrestled to our bed where we remained glued together for hours by the juices of our lovemaking. We fell asleep with our bodies throbbing with satisfaction and woke the next day with love bites tattooed over our breast, thighs and backs- sheltered in our bedroom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frida Kahlo Poem Dedicated to Diego Rivera

BLM Owes Me Nothing!

Los Novios