Compton O.G.



How many words?
A thousand is what they say.
And what say you
this picture says?
Can you tell I’m listening?
Growing like Alice before your eyes?
My chest
limp
hot air balloon
gets bigger
each bag I drop.
ABANDONMENT,
CruTches,
don’t want to be lame.
Enough with the bottoming
coming on top
like an immigrant
Amalia.
Daughter of an immigrant
work till you lose
your home
your family
roots
humanity
self
Amelia
mind.
Work to get that flame
going higher
gets me higher
happy
deep as smile lines.

Epiphany
opening like a drawbridge
rusted with years
of tears
for fears
now rosebuds open in my chest
ideas pop like stys before my eyes
and I feel.
I feel it stinging
hangnail
and I feel.

I can say it all
I’m a Compton O.G
Oh GirL
Oh geez!
Orale Guey!
O.G.
from Compton
Original Genius
descendant from
the line of OG authors
from Compton
Oh Gosh!
Wait no descendants?
Def not as long a list
as the physically gifted
star ballers’
we’ve produce
I must ascend.

But you don’t see
all that
in this picture that’s worth
a thousand words.
Just dropped 192
still owe you…

Moving on
with the story
my life as a storyteller
constant theme.
Next season on Compton’s OG…
whatever I want
whatever
I want.

Do I ruin it all
for yall?
I
Compton’s OG.
Original Genius.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frida Kahlo Poem Dedicated to Diego Rivera

BLM Owes Me Nothing!

Los Novios