urgent strides


NYE13


To invoke
the beach
a cold night
sand clumpy from the
mist that falls
on my crown like pixie dust,
with each step I’m deeper in it.
Walking in fog
like walking through clouds.
A chill strikes my spine
shakes me like turbulence, but I tread on
towards the waves possessed.
I come here dropping off crumbs
and leave with gems, verses, stanzas
inspired by grains of sand, fractured
lights in the water, sandy cat’s purrs
and opulence.
It has me surrounded.
The richest Cali real estate,
true blue glass house, one with patina walls
even! Coastal luxury living invokes fantasies
I can only stroll by. The waves dark and bubbly
champagne gathered in a giant cauldron.
I take strides across The Strand, my hand across the page trying
to find a way.

Urgent strides
breath, body
going through
marathon
I put myself through.
Had to be there…
there
a minute ago.
I’m here
but already
have to be
over there.
Shoulders, joints
a coil about to unwind but gotta push it down harder, more, cram more,
my fucken suitcase.
Whatever, it worked.
Invoked.
Don’t stop writing do it for the creation, for the fun for the fuck, for the applause, doing it without it.
Strides, precision
A needle in a haystack
Find it! I can and I will
No le pegue al gordo,
still gotta feel lucky.
I help you find
I'll help you find
Cause you've lost
I'm a finder, a finder.
I'm a good find.

It takes precision to find
Often Translated
Into pressure
Grinding teeth that's
How fine those nuggets are
Ideas, fine as molar dust.
And here I find myself
Amidst another ocean reference
Like coming out of fog. Lights dancing with, on top the fog

Urgent strides to the center of something
leave you breathless.
"Don't go in circles
You're not in the circus!"
But still be a clown
Invoking
With my upside down frown
And big shoes to fill
Urgent
It's an emergency
Do or die.
I does to take these strides
Must, urgent, move out my way
Elbows to your sides
As I deliver this
Urgent
And focused?
the farce of multitasking.
urgent bound to miss something

Misrepresenting my urgency
Looking at the tics go by year after year. Got a crick in my neck and tennis elbow from it. While my work before me goes discarded
Carcasses turning leather
In the heat of my jealousy
Envy- misrepresenting my urgency.
"Are we there yet? There yet?" Lose sight of my surroundings. Retrain the mind, discipline- soldiers changing around the hour= always ready for a fight. How bad do you want it?
How bad?  
How bad?
Stop worrying ‘bout the bad 
Say it like  you  mean  it
And mean it.
Write it then go over it
Like a second hand
Second guessing
Each word
Especial
Know what I mean?
Did I know what I meant?

xxoo,

Musings of a night owl
rising
From the inside out
At dawn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frida Kahlo Poem Dedicated to Diego Rivera

BLM Owes Me Nothing!

Los Novios