Prayer on a Rainy Sunday

Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,
is the masochists way
to know that the burning
the blood
busted cells and pus drying
hard, crunchy on skin
is taking it as Jesus did.
Taking this sinful world as it is.
Not as I would have it
never as I would have it
but about how you give it
make me take it.
Blindly trusting that You will 
make all things right,
the space, my head my throbbing wounds 
markers of my  surrender to Your will, 
knees a popping mess on the concrete. 
Concrete proof of doing anything
just so that I may be reasonably happy in this life.
But it's the next one that matters, next time, next opportunity
next night, next breath as long I have the next opportunity to
be supremely happy with You forever
in the NEXT.

Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frida Kahlo Poem Dedicated to Diego Rivera

BLM Owes Me Nothing!

Los Novios