Paradigm Shift!

Image Credit: Maga Lintzin
It’s a new paradigm!
Chicana and Chicano studies started
it when they gave me the path
to this expressive arts track
and here I lay tracks
as a means to keep
track
of my ideas
emotions
feelings
self
Chicana subjectivity
cracked- decoded.
I stand so firm
in my Chicana standpoint
that my hips are tight.
Can’t be afraid of the future
don’t shy away from the past
that will get me there
can’t lose sight of myself.

I’m the mother of the Teortilla!
Centeotl god of maíz listened
to my payers blessing me
with a cosecha to share
this wicked wiki
a paradigm shift.
Just wrap your mind around it
like a rubber band around your wrist
you pull N snap it each bad thought
you get, like
“Ew, this is bad.”
“Her shits not theory!”
You deny me the connectivity
of this literary device to lecture?
Here I conjecture
no longer looking at my fractured parts
in the mirror
Baby, Bhabha
wishing, desiring to be whole
but my face is a kaleidoscope
multi-interpretations
changing the medium
changing the delivery.
It’s all theory!
Revisionist poetry
to tell my story
politicizing the personal
like scholactivism
you can take the scholar out
of the barrio but you can’t take

the barrio out of the scholar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frida Kahlo Poem Dedicated to Diego Rivera

BLM Owes Me Nothing!

Los Novios