#TBT



TB used to mean tuberculosis now
it's a different social thing that's caught on.
Trending our past is trending
a coming out with our past
sharing a time that was.
This TB Thursday is about a place
I went to vent and disconnect
and realized how much life the world is filled with. Recognized other non-human lives that I'm affecting on a daily but not connecting to.
Throw back, I'll go back and keep coming back to this space that heals me so.
The sea is alive
I feel it so, when it gets sick I we get sick...like TB you get it.

I go there and carry my past with me
this time my favorite hoodie
reppin’ CPT and oh yes, a Bruins
blue cap.
And also carry my yesterday
it's so much better not being angry
I say this looking at the waves roiling 
over one another.
Can't let my feelings be in a drought
Negative- can't be in the red.
It feels so good letting go
the way the waves reach desperately
for the shore then let it go so fast
reminds me of a smoke screen.

Go back to this place to see the lessons 
in life I'm supposed to know.
I see how even the sun above
makes a giant mirror out of her, the sea reflects.
Seagulls in packs plunge at the silver surface
hit the water with such force, at least

it sounds like it when their beak slices through the waves, like splitting the defense and getting right up to the bowl and grab their silver fish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frida Kahlo Poem Dedicated to Diego Rivera

BLM Owes Me Nothing!

Los Novios