Female Embrace


Thank you Frida this image captured my words
here they are, released to you. 

Always feels like I’m the last one
to get home on our block.
Our street quiet as I
limp like an ese my heavy
work bag slung over my left shoulder
loafers pinching my baby toes.
My dogs are barkin’ from the long day.
A few more steps, they will soon breath.

A coyote sees me and gets scared
it runs then freezes in its tracks.
I don’t stop. I walk faster pretend I don’t care
that he’s there, “you got your business
and I got mine,” I step it up but baby toes
don’t allow me to push it too much.
The neighborhood dogs hear my hurried steps
and fill the silence with barks.

I pass the neighbor’s house the
one that drives an exterminator van
with the sticker that reads “que quieres
pinche rata!” stuck on the back windows.
I scared another one of the night’s inhabitants
a mom and pup skunk duo.
I scurry to the middle of the street
where all the light posts spill their shine.
Smart move, two houses from “pinche rata” neighbor’s house,
where One-eyed Maggy the calico lives
I see a raccoon hurry up a tree.
“Uh, uh,uh I see you, you’re not jumping on me.”

Finally our gate
the little bell on the string
announces my arrival
and I hear our pups stir up into
a frenzy. They’re so happy to hear
my footsteps get closer, they’re cries get louder
and more desperate as I struggle with my key.
As soon as they see me they jump on their hind legs,
barking and twirling around like something out of
“The Nutcracker”.  I get on their level hug them, rub
and kiss and their little heads. Isis, the Siamese
wants to get in on the love and begins to rub her scent
on me then she twirls and twirls on her back
like some break dancer showing me her belly.

You stand there smiling
on and the animals feast on my caricias.
My day is not complete
without you draped in my arms.
I move in on you, grab you into me and we’re stuck
like magnates. Your head on my shoulder your sighs and
comforting noises delivered in my ear. Our bodies pressed
together smells like pressed cotton. Tight in our embrace
I feel your ovarian vibes reaching out to me
it feels like a cat’s purr atop of my belly but
it's really our ovaries. Poor female anatomy, often compared to a cows head
but is really a body, celestial head floating with
its hands outstretched, as if in a hug, ready to receive to welcome home. 
I feel the vibes, re energized.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frida Kahlo Poem Dedicated to Diego Rivera

BLM Owes Me Nothing!

Los Novios