I am that kid





I am that kid
that you blow up
abortion clinics to save!
Collateral damage
those whose flesh
got torn in the mess
that’s what you get for having
such thin skin. I believe in my cause
nothing gives me pause. Nothing gives
you pause, pass laws that cut
close, shave those rights for that
woman who carried me.
You didn’t reach her, she did it on her
own decided to keep her fetus
protected, clothed and fed us
me and my sisters. The others
she also chose to keep, if you keep you have
to provide. She came here just for that
to provide and you call me an anchor
keeping my mother rooted to your
country, your life line. But it is my life you
want to save isn’t it?
Isn’t that why you blow up abortion clinics
scare doctors away from doing the healing
but women will have their way lets do it with healing.
Don’t take away her right to control her life
don’t take away her right to provide for
the lives that you too say you cherish so much
don’t punish her for her rational choices
like a bird building with what she could
to give her girls freedom. I am
that child all woman now
grown, that used to be that kid
that you’ve blow up
abortion clinics to save! Let me spring
my wings, catch my feather in your eye
breath, wide my existence countering
your hypocrisy, wings casting a shadow
on your hate, darkness engulfing darkness
expansive, let’s grow in those hollow spaces.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frida Kahlo Poem Dedicated to Diego Rivera

BLM Owes Me Nothing!

Los Novios