To Protect the Innocent

Date: 5-24-94                                                Weather: Cold/Cloudy

Dear Friend,
Yes, it’s me again. You’re probably wondering why I decided to pick up the pen and write to you after almost two years. Well, a lot has happened since those little entries I used to write about Miguel and Luis. For one I am now 17 years old and a senior ready to graduate from C. A. M. S.  in 2 weeks. Remember how many times I told you  I got Fs in geometry, not anymore. I’m in calculus and getting a B. I already went through the tedious rigorous task of applying to college. To my dismay I didn’t get into my #1, best of all, dream school Stanford (by the way that’s where Gaby goes). I didn't take this very lightly, I was depressed and almost cried my eyes out. In the long run I had to choose between Occidental and UCLA….I’m a Bruin! I’m pretty anxious about the whole thing, college and all. I’ve worked at Honda Motors in the past and I plan to do the same thing this summer. I’ve also become an auntie one of the best things that's happened to me all year (1-20-94).



I’ve also become very close with my 3 best friends Sasha, Yolanda and Linda. We share everything and tell each other all the secrets  (I think). Since the end of 10th grade I’ve been seeing this guy named Ignacio. We had this weird thing, it all started when he began to write anonymous love letters to me.  When we did get together I spent most of the time trying to avoid him. We broke up twice and the last time was not on friendly terms, I told him off big time. Ironically he’ll be working at the same place as me this summer. We (at least I am) are very comfortable being open and honest in all matters. It’s been 3 years (school years) since I started anything with him and strangely enough I still have some strong and very passionate feelings for him. We’ve been through a lot, I’ve eaten my words and eventually he has eaten me. I know it sounds rather crude but that is exactly what he did.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frida Kahlo Poem Dedicated to Diego Rivera

BLM Owes Me Nothing!

Los Novios