…For Everything

Got me feeling like Pele



Suddenly the words come easy.
This doesn’t have the feeling of farewell.
I think they’ve gotten familiar,
found ease in your visits-
you make them feel refreshed.
The daily routine of appearing
early with the birds outside
my window at their most expressive,
wore on them, made them shy,
to be so rushed-baby birds
pushed into flight. So used to being prodded,
resized. Finally settled
into with this temporary exercise.
It’s the knowing that helps,
knowing you’re there with your
eyes peered at the screen
allowing them to fall into you; all 30.
Your readings
always make it easy. So much ADD
so much information to digest
it’s a stretch for a poem to make the cut. 
You have me feeling like a pretty girl
on her prom night, ready for you. Excited,
nervous, wanted; this means everything
and will mean nothing. But I know that I deserve
this. My fingers, twisted branches
grip the pen, twist words for you. I reserved
my last one a thank you for everything, reposting,
sharing, commenting, donating, liking and disliking,
dressing your gallery windows with it, with you
I muddled through. 


Note: this is the 30th of the 30 poems in 30 days project. Can't thank you enough! 
Tupelo thanks you for all your donations,  http://tupelopress.wordpress.com/3030-project/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frida Kahlo Poem Dedicated to Diego Rivera

BLM Owes Me Nothing!

Los Novios