Poet for Hire

Full circle, still time to donate.


Never had the desire
to pursue fundraising.
Always have hated not having,
hate the idea of chasing
the $$ even more.
“Give me some $$ son,
give me some funds,”
Dislike it for any type of project.
It’s hard to get people to buy-in.
So I thought. But that’s what writing is about.
Do you buy my ideas?
Would you fund them, enjoy
them as much as the theater?

Poet for hire-
30 poems in 30 days
fucken set fire to my ass.
Sorry to be crass, this challenge
took me to class. Oops, I mean to school,
had to use all my tools:
Thank you-poem,
How to-poem,
Found-poem,
Personalized-poem,
This day in history-poem
Inspired by what I heard, witnessed, felt-poem
Revised some whack ass lines that were going nowhere- poem
I’m angry, saddened and moved by the injustices of the world- poem.
No cento poem, though.
Was inspired by Robert Frost, May Swenson,
Kay Ryan’s rhyme schemes and all the folks
of the 30/30 July team.

Not gonna lie, writing a poem a day
was rough, gave me flabby brains
not talking about bad head
just a good challenge of
my commitment, discipline
dislikes and cleverness. Picture a
confused messed at my desk.
Now I feel like a heroine
there wasn’t any dragon slaying,
but I’m about a lil bragging,
faced up “writer’s block”
know what I’m saying.
30 poems, correction, 
this confession is 31.
Give yourself a pat on the back,
you poetry aficionado
your “likes, shares and reposts” estan sellados
that means sealed, forever in this web.
31! 
Just call me Baskin Robin
basking in my variations
stealing inspiration from thin air.
So now I’m Robin Hood?
I don’t want bad karma
that’s why I share with you,
Tupelo Press, other writers,
friends, homies and lovers
only fair- you give my work air,
help it breath, keep it alive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frida Kahlo Poem Dedicated to Diego Rivera

BLM Owes Me Nothing!

Los Novios